- Field measure, photo survey, draft existing conditions using AutoCAD in order to produce as-built floor plan(s), roof plan, site plan, and exterior elevations
- Document property, structure and details, as necessary for submittal requirements and for structural engineering purposes if applicable.
Project Research and Programming
- Help homeowner determine project scope, scheduling and budget
- Verify and document zoning and building standards for property and determine all relative requirements and restrictions, as well as gain accurate scheduling and fee information relative to submittal requirements at City or County where project is located
- Determine necessary public hearings for design review, variances, etc.
- Review possibilities based upon scope of work as noted in service agreement
- Draft plans and elevations to present for homeowner review and input
- Request ball-park estimate from a Contractor to determine project feasibility
Design Development and Planning Department Submittals
- Prepare and submit documents for Planning Department if applicable
- Create 3D renderings and material boards as required for submittal
- Handle public hearings if required
Construction Documents and Specifications
- Further develop drawings and specify finishes, doors and windows, fixtures, appliances, lighting, etc.
- Coordinate with Structural Engineer and other necessary consultants
- Complete drawings and details as required for permit application process
Building Department Plan Check and Required City Clearances
- Submit to the required agencies and coordinate any corrections
- Process department clearances (Water, Power, Engineering, Fire, etc.)
- Distribute bid documents to Contractors and request hard-lined bids
- Visit site during construction on a regularly scheduled basis or on an as needed basis to ensure conformance to design and homeowner satisfaction
- Available as needed to consult in finish selections such as tile, stone, wood, fabrics, etc